2023 Fiber Collection/Sort
The yearly fiber collection for PAOBA is always the weekend of
the fleece show and seminars @ The Penn Stater, State College,
The sort is on Sunday, July 30, from 8 AM until we are
finished—hopefully 3:00 p.m. If we have a great turn out and lots
of fleece, we may start sorting on Saturday.
WHY CONTRIBUTE ?
- If you have a limited number of animals on your farm, you can expand you PA Preferred offerings to your customers.
- The volunteers on the Fiber Committee track your sorted
o You receive a spreadsheet of the fiber submitted by
grade and weight.
o You will know which batch numbers your fiber is in so
you can buy those yarns for your store.
o You can receive payment (see below).
- The Fiber Committee chairs and volunteers get the sorted
you. You get to choose the yarns that you, your
customers, family & and friends will like.
- A great way to move the fleece from your barn into
- You receive an additional 10% off the wholesale cost of
- You help PAOBA be the affiliate that gives back to its
WHAT WE NEED
- Grade 1-4 fiber (roughly 19-30 microns)
- White, light fawn and light grey give the committee the
- Fiber needs to be at lease 3 inches long and with
moths, or mold will be put in the trash.
- If your fleece is grade 5 or higher or very hairy, or shorter
buy insoles to sell at the Farm Show in January. You will
not receive any payment for this fiber. You may request it
be returned to you would need to pick it up, it cannot be
What you get
PAOBA will pay according to the following schedule:
- Grades 1 & 2 $7.00 per pound
- Grade 3 $5.50 per pound
- Grade 4 $4.50 per pound
the contributor price, please contact
Sheri Hunt-Smith at 717-495-8979 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Pam Ellenberger at 484-797-2263 or email@example.com