2016 PAOBA Breeders' Showcase
We’ve changed our date!!!
PAOBA Breeders Showcase will be held November 12 & 13, 2016. Same Location in York, PA! Please plan now to attend!
PAOBA Breeder’s Showcase 2016 Policies
- Check In November 11th, 2016 10AM to 6PM
- Show November 12 & 13, 2016
Please note that NO animals or exhibits will be permitted on-site prior to 10:00 a.m. on Friday, November 11, 2016 (check-in starts at 10 a.m.) All exhibits and animals must be removed from the York County premises by 8:00p.m. on Sunday, November 13, 2016. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS.
York Fair Grounds - The Utz Arena
334 Carlisle Ave
York PA 17404
- Opens approximately August 15, 2016
- Closes October 21, 2016
- The deadline to register for Get of Sire and Produce of Dam Production classes is 6 p.m. on Saturday, November 12, 2016.
- Registration for all halter and fleece classes must be completed via the online registration system.
- All alpacas entered must be registered with AOA
- All alpacas must be entered in the name of the current owner/ entity/ farm as listed on the AOA Registration Certificate. Alpacas that are entered in a name different from the name listed on the ARI Registration Certificate must have a buyer’s “Owner of Record” Form.
- An animal may NOT be entered in any class more than once.
Fees - TBA
- This show has been sent to AOA for certification. All rules or amended rules of the 2015 AOA Show Division Handbook will be followed. We encourage you to join the Show Division and become familiar with the handbook.
- Please check your animal’s color with the ARI color chart and the AOA Show Division Handbook and Color Designations before filling out the class entry form.
- All color checking by a judge will be completed on FRIDAY NIGHT!!!
- An exhibitors meeting will be held at 8:00 a.m. Saturday, November 12, 2016 in the show ring. ATTENDANCE IS MANDATORY.
- A security guard will be on duty Friday and Saturday nights.
- Photographer will be on hand to take complimentary photographs of Color Champion, Reserve Color Champion and Blue Ribbon winners. Photographs of other alpacas may be taken for a fee. For more information contact Glenn Kerns— email@example.com
- We will have two (2) rings running simultaneously.
- All Male alpacas will be judged in Ring 2. Huacayas males will start the show and then alternate to Suri males after each color designation is completed.
- All Female alpacas will be judged in Ring 1 Female huacayas will show first and then alternate to Suri females after each color designation is completed.
- Please make sure you have enough handlers for each class, and be sure to make prior arrangements if you should have a conflict showing under either judge.
- Fleece Show judging will begin on Friday, November 11, 2016.
The judges for the PAOBA Breeders Showcase 2016 AOA certified show are
- Jill MacLeod (Males) Co-judge Production
- Diana Timmerman (Females) Co-judge Production
- Glen Finbow (Fleece, Cottage Fleece, Obstacle and Performance)
- Please do not use tape of any kind on the floors of the arena.
- Absolutely no animals are allowed in the lobby at ANY TIME!! Please use the doors
- Indicated for entering and exiting the arena with animals and equipment. Use of the lobby entrance for loading and unloading is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
- NO DOGS allowed in the Utz Arena. No roller blades, roller skates, or skateboards, etc. are allowed in the Utz Arena.
Accomodations - TBA
Health & Barn Requirements
- A veterinarian will be on call during the class hours
- Requirements for ALL alpacas entering the venue
- Must have a working microchip. Each alpaca’s Registered Name and Microchip ID# and location of that micro chip must appear on the Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI - Health Certificate). Also acceptable are alpacas identified with microchip embedded AND official USDA approved ear tags for those situations where the microchip number cannot be detected by scanning, this same microchip number is located on the back button of the ear tag and is acceptable for show entry so long as it matches the number stated on the CVI.
- Negative PCR for Bovine Viral Diarrhea Virus (BVDV). BVDV test results are to be reported on the CVI as “negative" or virus “not detected." The date of the test, methodology (PCR only), and the initials of the lab that performed the test must be listed on the CVI.
- A Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI) which is dated October 14, 2016 or later (within 30 days of the last day of the show) for ALL alpacas, regardless of age, completed and signed by a licensed Veterinarian.
- Vesicular Stomatitis (VS) - NOTE: An accredited veterinarian shall determine whether animals are free from VS, and shall issue a CVI with the following statement: “All animals identified on this certificate of veterinary inspection have been examined and found to be free from VS. During the past 90 days, these animals were not located within 10 miles of a site where VS has been diagnosed.”
Tuberculosis Testing for the following alpacas only
- No test required for animals originating from "Accredited Free" states or zones.
- All animals originating from states or zones designated “Modified Accredited Advanced” (includes California and part of Michigan) must be test negative within 60 days prior to entry.
- All animals originating from states or zones designated “Modified Accredited” (includes part of Michigan) must:
- Originate from herds in which all animals 12 months of age and older have tested negative for TB within 12 months prior to entry AND the animals to be imported have tested negative to TB within 60 days prior to entry and at least 60 days after the whole herd test.
- You must be entered in the show to rent an animal/display stall.
- Platinum & Gold sponsors will have preferred stalling. We cannot guarantee placement requests adjacent to Platinum or Gold sponsors unless you are also a sponsor at the same level.
- If you are sharing a stall with another farm, please indicate on the Registration Form.
- Stall dimensions are 8’ X 10’
- It is anticipated that we will be using pellets and/or straw for bedding. Please check back as we finalize bedding. They will be supplied and included in your stall fee. We recommend that you bring stall mats for your alpaca stalls to insure safe footing for them.
- Electric hook up is included in the stall fee. Please bring your own extension cords for fans, etc. Fans are permitted in the stalls but not in the aisle-way.
- Due to space limitation, only alpacas entered in the show or participating in the herdsire showcase will be allowed in the Utz Arena.
- Three (3) juveniles or two (2) yearling alpacas per stall. Five (5) yearlings or seven (7) juveniles per double stall will be permitted.
- Your display and animal pen MAY NOT extend into the aisles.
- Retail sales are permitted at your display site, Please refer to the Sales Booth information page to find details and the form needed to submit to sell directly from your site.
- An emergency contact card will be provided for each exhibitor. Please complete this card and attach it to your stalls.
Sue Ives | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
6500 Macedonia Road, Woodford, VA 22580
Phone: (804) 477-2258
Judy Schroeder | Email: email@example.com
6500 Macedonia Road, Blue Ridge, VA 24064
Phone: (540) 797-1985
Vendors have two options for vendor space application submission.
Vendors are encouraged to sponsor the show. Vendor Sponsorship includes a 1/4 page color ad in the PAOBA Breeder’s Showcase Book. Vendor sponsorship can be made both online and on the downloadable Vendor Application.
Vendor space is 10’ X 10’
One 8” table is included and additional tables may be purchased for $10 each
Electric hookup is included in the vendor fee.
Vendor application, signed contract, and payment MUST BE RECEIVED BY October 25, 2016
For more information contact:
653 Observatory Drive
Lewisberry, PA 17339
Starry Night Alpacas